The following is a reference list to recurring phrases in the Morning Glories universe. Note that not every instance is used word-for-word.
- 1 A Sacrifice is Always Demanded
- 2 All Will Be Free
- 3 Bell's Theorem
- 4 Best Two out of Three?
- 5 Cheating
- 6 Faith
- 7 For a Better Future
- 8 I don't mind waiting
- 9 Looks Like I Got Here Just In Time
- 10 Never Too Late
- 11 Seeing The Face of God
- 12 So We Created Our Own Gods
- 13 Stop Running
- 14 The Hour of Our Release Draws Near
- 15 What Did You See When Your Eyes Were Opened?
- 16 References
A Sacrifice is Always Demanded
See Also: Sacrifice
- Jun to Garrett in Morning Glories #18.
- Abraham to Hisao in Morning Glories #18.
- Irina to Guillaume in Morning Glories #21.
- Irina to Hisao in Morning Glories #23.
- "the words you taught your children are true I'm afraid-- A sacrifice is always demanded" -Irina to Abraham in Morning Glories #25.
- Jun demands that Guillaume sacrifices Jade to revive his brother in Morning Glories 41
- Ian in reference to having to use half his alcohol to bribe the guards in Morning Glories 47
- Jun before stabbing Guillaume in Morning Glories 50
All Will Be Free
- Painted on wall next to Amanda's body in Morning Glories #7.
- Written on ground next to Chad and Steve's bodies in Morning Glories #8.
- Georgina Daramount to Casey in Morning Glories #2.
- Casey to Daramount in Morning Glories #2.
- Julie Hayes to Harry Hayes in Morning Glories #6.
Best Two out of Three?
- The Old man said it in Ike's vision in Morning Glories #25
- A Moroccan child asks it to Abraham after he escape the Academy.
- The old man turned out to be a future version of Ike and he said the same thing after Ike's library visions.
- The winner of Towerball is decided as a best of 2 out 3 games.
- Casey needed 2 out of the 3 judges' vote in order to win her middle school science fair.
- Georgina Daramount accused Lara Hodge of cheating ("She Cheats!"), both in the field and in the classroom when tutored by Dagney.
- Isabel Traveiso claims Casey Blevins beat her only through cheating ("You did cheat!"). This is later revealed to have occurred during the science fair where Casey's project was apparently "impossible".. It turns out that Clarkson was the tie-breaking third judge for the competition.
- When talking about Casey's upcoming competition with Isabel for class president, Lara tells her "Who knows? Maybe you won't even have to cheat this time."
- "This time--you won't be about to cheat your way out of this"-Isabel to Casey at the student debates.
- "You want to beat the bitch--you're going to have to cheat"-Ian to Ike
- "The bitch cheated."-Georgina on Casey winning the election.
See Also: Faith
- Zoe and Abraham to Sudhir.
- Zoe to Amanda.
- Zoe to Hunter..
- Before David touches her, Akiko keeps on repeating that she has faith.
- Abraham tells Ike that the biblical story of Abraham and Issac is not about the terms of the agreement or even God, but about sacrifice and faith.
- Clarkson to Fortunato.
- Akiko's parents told her to have faith.
- The fate of Lot's wife may have been a consequence of lacking faith. 
- Dagney tells Georgina "So little faith Georgina..."
For a Better Future
- Note in Morning Glories #1.
- Slide in Miss Dagney's presentation in Morning Glories #1.
- Posters in classroom in Morning Glories #2, #5, and #11.
- Posters in girls' room and hallway in Morning Glories #4.
- Poster in Nine's office in Morning Glories #23.
- Cover of Ellsworth's folder in Morning Glories #6.
- Mari Fukayama to Georgina Daramount and Reginald Gribbs in Morning Glories #9.
- Unnamed teacher and Jade in Morning Glories #10. Teacher: "Step off whenever you're ready for a better future" Jade: "For a better future".
- Ellsworth to Jade in Morning Glories #10: "Remember why we do all this--For a better future".
- Lara Hodge to Casey Blevins in Morning Glories #13.
- Abraham tells Ike that he wanted "a better future" for him in Morning Glories #24.
- Poster in classroom during Hisao and Guillaume's love scene in Morning Glories #17.
- Lara Hodge cites this as the reason for why they do what they do in Morning Glories #27.
- Partially seen flyer on poster board in Morning Glories #29.
- On Poster behind Hunter in Morning Glories #41.
- "And what I saw was a better future"-Isabel Traveiso in Morning Glories #48
- "I say we decide for ourselves what a better future looks like"-Casey Blevins in Morning Glories #49
- "We can make everything right together, Casey. I believe we will. There is a better future waiting for us"-The Headmaster to Casey Blevins in Morning Glories #50
I don't mind waiting
- Casey Blevins to Abraham in Morning Glories #26
- Incarcerated Vanessa Richmond to Lara Hodge in Morning Glories #32
Looks Like I Got Here Just In Time
Never Too Late
- Lara Hodge to Georgina Daramount, when Georgina says it is too late for Casey to help, as the students are all missing in Morning Glories #20 and Morning Glories #27.
- Jun to Hisao, when Hisao believes he was too late to save Jun in Morning Glories #25.
Seeing The Face of God
- Before dying Kseniya tells Irina "What a gift it has been all these years to see the face of God".
- Akiko has a vision of Abraham explaining to his children the history of Lot, when asked for her interpretation on why Lot's wife turns into salt she said " And when she looked back, she saw it. The true face of God"
- One day at the Camp Guillaume was blinded by the sun and Hisao told him " We're not supposed to see the face of God, look away my love".
So We Created Our Own Gods
The phrase first appeared in Jade's hallucination in issue #10, and the full phrase remained unrevealed until Ike's hallucination in issue #25.
- A robed man, similar in appearance to Reginald Gribbs, spoke the phrase while Megan led Jade through the school hallways, during Jade's hallucination.
- After Abraham revealed to Ike that their conversation right before Ike stabbed him had not yet occurred, Ike had a breakdown. One of the visions he saw was Alicia Wyatt speaking the full phrase: "In the end, the solution was breathtakingly clear. The old ones had abandoned us, so we created our own gods".
- In an inversion, Lara Hodge orders Casey Blevins to "start running"
- Irina, in an TV interview, tells the camera (and presumably to the watching Hunter) that the title of her new work is "It's Time to Stop Running".
- After she corners Hunter at the edge of a cliff, Zoe tells him to stop running.
- Miss Dagney tells a prepubescent Lara Hodge to stop running.
- After catching up with the injured Hunter who was fleeing from the Temple, Dr. Ellsworth tells him to stop running, but adds that there's always something to run from.
- Abraham tells the children that "all God really wants man to do--is stop running".
- "[The Academy] reveals to us a truth that we ourselves had once hidden, that we've spent far too long running from"-Isabel Traveiso.
The Hour of Our Release Draws Near
- Written on wall of jail cell in 1490 in Morning Glories #3.
- Written on wall of the Academy basement by Megan in Morning Glories #3.
- Written in notebook by Casey in Morning Glories #3.
- Ike to Casey in Morning Glories #4.
- On a banner in the hall in Jade's dream in Morning Glories #11.
- Mirroring 1490, seen through a peephole into an adjacent room in Jade's dream in Morning Glories #11.
- Guillaume to Hisao in Morning Glories #18.
- Written on a paperweight in Ms. Clarkson's office in Morning Glories #27.
- Written on the walls in blood in Jade's dream in Morning Glories #42.
What Did You See When Your Eyes Were Opened?
See also: The Test
- Nine asked Jade this question when she came out of her trance at the clinic.
- Reginald Gribbs to Jason before claiming he failed his test.
- Lara Hodge jokingly asked Jade the question, while parodying Nine
- An unnamed inquisitor asked Mary this question in 1693, while crushing her lover under a pile of rocks.
- Irina sneaked into Nine's clinic, and asked a recovering Fortunato this question.
- While callously stabbing him for leaving him out of his will, Ike asked Abraham an echo of this question.
- Georgina Daramount taunts Fortunato with this question as she blinds him.
- Susan Dagney asks Ike the question after his visions in the Library.
- Dagney asks Casey the question as she walks her to the Greenhouse .
- Morning Glories #38. April 16, 2014.
- Morning Glories #43. February 11, 2015.
- Morning Glories #48. September 30, 2015.
- Morning Glories #20. July 4, 2012.
- Morning Glories #26. April 24, 2013.
- Morning Glories #39. July 2, 2014.
- Morning Glories #49. December 30, 2015.
- Morning Glories #8. March 16, 2011.
- Morning Glories #19. June 6, 2012.
- Morning Glories #23. November 28, 2012.
- Morning Glories #24. February 13, 2013.
- Morning Glories #35. November 27, 2013.
- Morning Glories #37. February 19, 2014.
- Morning Glories #30. August 28, 2013.
- Morning Glories #41. October 1, 2014.
- Morning Glories #10. June 8, 2011.
- Morning Glories #25. March 27, 2013.
- Morning Glories #16. February 22, 2012.
- Morning Glories #22. October 10, 2012.
- Morning Glories #4. November 17, 2010.
- Morning Glories #5. December 22, 2010.
- Morning Glories #12. September 7, 2011.
- Morning Glories #14. November 16, 2011.