Joe Eisma is a well respected comic book artist.
Along with Morning Glories, Joe also worked on Nick Spencer's book Existence 2.0/3.0. His first published work was A Dummy's Guide to Danger: Lost at Sea by Viper press in 2008. Joe has also done varient covers for G.I. Joe Cobra and one full issue of Higher Earth.
He and Nick met on Brian Michael Bendis’ message board: Joe was posting his art and Nick saw it and sent him a pitch for Morning Glories in summer 2009.
He is primarily a self-taught artist with only 18 months of art school . He has a degree in film from Baylor university which he credits for the cinematic feel of his art. He then did a graduate degree in game development and now works in freelance game design . He cites Adrian Alphona, Naoki Urasawa, and Frank Cho as artistic influences.
He lives in Wylie, Texas, with his wife and two sons
- A Dummy’s Guide to Danger: Lost at Sea (Viper Comics)
- “Dodge’s Bullets” short story in Dynamo 5 #18 (Image Comics)
- OGN Serpo (Devil’s Due Publishing)
- We, The People (Outlaw Entertainment)
- The Super Life (Outlaw Entertainment)
- Flash (DC Comics) (Upcoming)
Cameos of Joe
Joe and his artist friends have this game where they have cameos of each other in their books:
- Deviant Art - Joe Eisma's Deviant Art Page
- Supa Tumblr - Joe Eisma's Tumblr page
- Image Comics - Joe Eisma's Creator page on Image. Unfortunately appears incomplete.
- Twitter - Joe Eisma's Twitter Page
- Patreon - Joe Eisma's Patreon Page